Updated October 30, 2017.
We recently had to get a permit bond to paint houses in Texas. Obviously, we had never had to do something like this before. So, we spent quite a bit of time researching what it is that we needed to do. After some time of that, we just decided to contact three firms to help us with this bond, which were Swiftbonds.com, Alphasuretybonds.com and Unolife.net.
All three of them were quite helpful in that they explained what a permit bond really was and the process for getting one. It was a bit easier than we originally thought – just a couple of pages of paperwork. The fee was pretty reasonable and then we were able to go out and get some good work. We ended up using Swiftbonds.com, but the other two seemed good as well.
Great Tips on Painting
There are lots of things that you can do to make painting your home much more manageable and come out with a better product. By following the tips listed below, you can have a much better paint job that you can enjoy for years and years. Also, the painting will look better and be easier to maintain.
Fantastic Painting Tips
- Clean your walls. A clean wall can handle paint much better and you don’t have to worry about the dirt preventing the new paint from sticking. It’s well worth your time.
- If you are going to use a paint roller, we suggest using a lint roller or some tape to clean the extra lint off your paint roller. We know several professional painters that use their blue tape to completely wrap their roller pad, which will remove any loose fuzz and keep it from getting on the wall.
- Some people like to use some aluminum foil to line the bottom of their paint tray. I don’t.
- A cheap way to create an easy to carry paint container is to take a milk carton and cut out the side. You can use the handle to carry it around and move your paint to where you need it.
- When painting a chair (or table) you should put a couple of nails in the legs. This will allow you to paint the legs all at the same time and not turn the chair over to get just the bottom.
- For tight spaces, use a paint stick and tape or glue a paint pad or a paint brush on the end.
- Use plastic food wrap to cover objects when you only want a portion painted.
- For the best looking finish, use a zig zag pattern. This helps the paint overlap and keeps lines from running vertically.
- Paint your concrete for a great look. Make sure that you etch the concrete with either a professional application or white vinegar. Let it dry so that it will take the paint. Beautiful.
- Use beeswax or vaseline on those areas where you don’t want paint, such as hinges, screws, handles, etc. This will keep the paint from sticking and can help with those detailed areas.
- When you go to paint trim, use a good quality angle brush. This will be much more efficient than using tape.
- When you need to take some time in between coats, take your paint roller and place it in a plastic bag, which will keep the paint from drying.
Painting Your Home
Finding a good professional painter can be difficult. It is more than just doing a Google search or thumbing through the yellow pages. Instead, you need to spend some time talking to your neighbors, going and visiting all the references that your painter gives you. Be sure to spend the proper amount of time that is needed to ensure that you get the best painter for your project.